Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Something old...


Something old, something new
Something borrowed, something blue.

Something Old represents the bride's connection with her family and the past. 

Something New represents good fortune and success in the bride's new life ahead.

Something Borrowed represents the bride's friend's and family her, faithful supporters. 

Something Blue represents faithfulness and loyalty.

One of the few precious belongings I have of my late Mom is this simple and elegant gold ring from her twenties. It was the one she enjoyed the most. I decided to wear this ring for my wedding day as Something Old. Although her presence was terribly missed, I had this gentle reminder of her during the most memorable day of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so pretty and sweet. What a great thing to have.
    My engagement ring isnt from our family but it is over 100 years old - will that count for my 'something old'?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails