Monday, February 28, 2011

On the Drawing Pad at Blossom Accents: Cherry Blossoms Part I

I am starting a new feature on the blog today called "On the Drawing Pad at Blossom Accents". I will show the process it takes to create an invitation at Blossom Accents starting with the sketch to the finished drawing and then to the final product. I hope you enjoy it!

When my client Maryanne contacted me about this project, I became really excited!! I have wanted to draw these blossoms but I was waiting for a right time and a push to actually draw them! They are small delicate blossoms which grow on short cherry trees around April and May. They are extremely beautiful to look at and adore! Some interesting fact about these blossoms which originated in China.

The flower symbolism associated with the cherry blossom is education. In China, the cherry blossom is also a symbol of feminine beauty. It also represents the feminine principle and love. In Japan, cherry blossoms symbolize the transience of life because of their short blooming times. Falling blossoms are metaphors for fallen warriors who died bravely in battle. source



Stay tuned for the next step.... 

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented. I LOVE your version of the cherry blossom! Was looking through google images to find something i liked for a possible future tattoo... I have to say that yours is my top choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I am honored!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails